Friday, April 19, 2013

Learning letters with a game or two

I decided to put a twist on the lessons of letters that I was teaching Cam. We've been doing a letter a day and incorporating it into the entire day. For example, on letter B day we talked about bumble bees, beds, brains, bananas, and such. Pointing out B's that we see daily.

I noticed that he was starting to get a little tired of writing G yesterday so I decided to mix things up! I took 7 pieces of scrap paper, wrote A-G on them and taped them to the sliding glass door. I gave him a sticker, sent him to the opposite side of the room and told him to put a sticker on the letter of the corresponding word that I said. He did wonderful!

Please don't look at the filth on the door- it never stays clean 






Immediately after the word I made him run to put the sticker on the letter so that he didn't have time to stop and think about it, he just had time to react. That way I knew he wasn't guessing. He got every single one right, and got some exercise in at the same time!

After that I took those same letters and hide them around the house and sent him out to find them. He had a ton of fun with this game too. I wouldn't let him pick up the letter until he told me what it was.

Happy Friday!


COMMENTS: »

Leave a Reply