Monday, May 13, 2013

Higher Education

Sometimes you just want to give up. It's hard to juggle everything that us Mom's juggle, and especially if you decide to throw being a full time student as well. If you've been a reader for a while you know that over the past few months I've debated changing jobs, being a stay at home mom.. a multitude of scenarios my husband and I have thought about. It's all because I'm trying to find a balance. Our lives are nothing more than a constant juggling act. Sometimes the balls you juggle (ha) weigh a little more than others. 

On a scale of one to ten I was sitting at a 9.99 of not wanting to go to class tonight. I only get to miss one because of the condensed courses, which I skipped last week. So I either decided to throw in the towel or take my ass to class. As I was on the way home complaining that I just wanted to go home my very wise friend said, "You just named 100 reasons not to go, now I want you to name 3 reasons on why you like school and need to go". To which I rolled my eyes, took a deep breath and said, "Because I want to be a role model for my child, I want better job opportunities in the future, and because I want to prove to myself I can do it all". Then I proceeded to convulse my body into making weird crazy noises while saying "Why are you always rightttttttttttttttttttt. Ughhhhhhhhhh". 



It's not easy. But nothing worth having is easy. It's such a cliche but it's true. If it was easy to be a mom, work full time, go to school full time, and have amazing relationships with friends and family then no one would ever complain and everyone would have everything they wanted. But it's not. And this is life. So I took my butt to class, sat through another boooooring lecture, and learned a lot. I'm glad I went. Sometimes you just need the friendly reminder to keep on keepin on.

Word to the wise. GO TO COLLEGE RIGHT AFTER HIGH SCHOOL. PERIOD. 


COMMENTS: »

Leave a Reply