Saturday, May 25, 2013

The moment when you realize you take after your Mother

Andddd I'm not talking about baking ladies and gentlemen. Of course I find myself spitting out lines like, "Don't talk to me like that young man", "Go to your room son", "Can't I go to the bathroom in peace?" that I have to stop and say.. oh lawdy I sound like momma... But this... THIS.. is much better!



Friday night I was driving on the highway when I heard a click in the back of my car. I didn't know what it was, and I'm paranoid about any noise or smell on the road thinking immediately it's my vehicle to blame so I looked backwards and my left passenger window was slightly down. I thought it was weird so I went to roll it up and BAM- it fell. 



Thankfully it didn't shatter, and I could hear that the motor was still working trying to get the window up. My first thought was "Wonderful, my husband's really going to love that we have to have the air conditioner serviced and now my NEW (to me) jeep's window is broke". When I got home I decided to leave it for another day, thinking maybe my Mom would know how to fix it and when she comes over Monday I'd hit her up for ideas. 

Fast forward to today, which has been awesome btw. We made breakfast, made a pit stop at the grocery store, had lunch and spent time pool side. Very relaxing. Then the boys of the house decided to sleep and I got a wild hair up my behind and decided to look it up!

First stop- Google, which lead me to various places. But from the information I gathered I knew I needed to un-screw two screws on the panel to be able to shine a light down the top to pop the rest of the panel off. 

So I did!!


And I got scared, what the hell- I know NOTHING about vehicle repair. Now my husband is REALLY going to kill me breaking my panel. 

But that didn't happen! I got it all taken apart took a pair of pliers to the window and pulled it back on track!! Put the baby back together (I may or may not have one extra plastic black thing left over) and voila- it's fixed!!




Hubs came outside just as I was putting it back together and was in SHOCK. "Who the hell did I marry" were his exact words.. and then "You're starting to become your Mother". There isn't a better compliment anyone could give me! 






And btw, if someone gets paid $100 and hour to do that- SIGN ME UP. 



COMMENTS: »

Leave a Reply